Chocolate Bread PuddingPrep: 30 min Cook: over min Serves: 6 people Submitted by:
Ingredients2 1/2 cups half and half
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips 9 oz
4 large eggs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
Lightly packed 12-inch cubes KING'S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Round Bread(about half a 16 oz loaf)
1. Heat half-and-half in 2-qt saucepan over medium heat until small bubbles form around edge.
2. Remove from heat, stir in chocolate, mix until melted. Cool slightly.
3. Whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt.
4. Fold 1 cup cooled chocolate into egg mixture.
5. Pour chocolate mixture over bread cubes and mix until bread is well coated.
6. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 325° F.
8. Lightly apply non-stick spray to six 6-oz custard cups. Mound bread equally into each cup*.
9. Place cups on baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out nearly clean.
10. Best served warm with chocolate or vanilla sauce. *A greased 8x8x2-inch pan may be substituted. Bake 40-45 minutes in preheated 325° F oven.