Hawaiian Porky Boy by Chef Sumo SatoSubmitted by:
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 10 min
Serving Info: 6 people
Ingredients6 KING’S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Sandwich Buns or Original Hawaiian Sweet Mini Sub Rolls
1.5 - 2 lbs. Pork Steak or Pork Sirloin Steak Thinly Sliced
1 Cup Teriyaki Marinade (see recipe below)
6 Slices Mild Cheddar Cheese
1 Large Sweet Onion thinly sliced
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp Granulated Garlic
1. Put pork in marinade and let sit for 15 minutes. (Discard marinade after pork is cooked.)
2. Heat frying pan on medium heat and add 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, add Onions, Salt, Pepper and cook for 5 minutes stirring often until onions are transparent.
3. In another frying pan on medium high heat add 1 Tbsp Olive Oil; add drained marinated pork and fry for 8-10 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
4. Put pork on KING’S HAWAIIAN Original Sweet Sandwich Bun , top with cheese while pork is hot, add grilled onions and enjoy!
5. Marinade: Mix all ingredients together in bowl.